Solar Energy Industries Association is one of the most powerful alliances in the globe that works towards the effective use and application of solar insolation. Insolation is the amount of solar power received by the earth on a daily basis. SEIA has headquarters in Washington DC and can be reached at www.seia.org. The organization officially applied for formal legislation in 1973. In 1974 the organization solar energy industrial association was voted to be an autonomous organization with full legislative power by the 93rd Congress. Since then the organization has gained international recognition and has won numerous awards for its ground breaking in the field of solar energy.
What are the major functions of SEIA?
- SEIA is responsible for the following functions in terms of solar power and energy applications.
- Researching new avenues of tapping the huge amount of solar power emitted by the sun and exploring new ways of enhancing the utility of solar applications.
- Manufacturing the set-ups required for efficient usage of solar energy.
- Scaling up solar power applications.
- Distribution of active technology use products like solar pump, panel etc across all countries, states and regions. Actively encourage and promote use of these products.
- Build knowledge amongst masses about need for solar energy and use for it. Ensure that people understand why renewable energy is better than non renewable sources.
- Financing solar energy projects for the ultimate power generation goals and boosting the supply side of electrical and other power sources.
- Building up solar plants in collaboration with industrial giants both in domestic and foreign locations.
What organisational definitions and solar energy terminology is used at SEIA?
- If a person wishes to associate with the Solar Energy Industries Association then its best to be conversant with a few frequently used terms.
- ACELA stands for American Clean Energy Leadership Act which is also known as 1462 S. it’s a precursor senatorial version of the ACES bill.
- ACES bill denotes the Warkman Markey bill or HR 254 which is a bill meant to reduce the occurrence and impact of global warming across continents. By 2020 greenhouse reductions have to be reduced by more than 17%. There are other provisions like new research, scholarly study and technological applications of solar energy.
- ACP is alternative compliance payment and it gives suppliers an option to comply with regulations given by SACP.
- BIPV is the building integrated photo voltaic systems i.e. building accessories for effective solar power usage which can be added to the building later. The following things are recognized globally as BIPV.
- Facade or roof systems which are additional constructed after building construction is complete.
Roof enhanced photovoltaic systems
Shade photo voltaic systems added posthumously after construction is over.
BCSE stands for business council for sustainable energy. It’s an accessory organization, which is engaged in collaborative work with the Solar Energy Industries Association.